Need a recipe idea for all those marinara jars you stocked up on? I GOTCHU.
The end of a marinara jar turned in to the most glorious breakfast a girl could ask for. Super simple and the most delicious. We legit felt like we were eating brunch at one of our most favorites spots, Morning Glory, with these baked shakshukas.
* 1/2 cup marinara sauce
* 1/4 cup almond mozzarella cheese (or cheese of choice)
* 5 mini heirloom tomatoes, diced in half
* 2 eggs
* Fresh or dry basil for garnish
* Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 6” cast iron skillet with non stick cooking spray and pour in the marinara sauce. Set this over medium heat until to sauce starts to bubble.
* Remove the cast iron from the heat and sprinkle over the diced tomatoes, make two holes in the marinara to crack the eggs into, then sprinkle the cheese and basil over the top.
* Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the egg whites are cooked and the yolks are still running.
* Toast your favorite bread and spread grass fed butter all over the toast.
* Remove the cast iron from the oven and let cool slightly or place the hot skillet on a towel to be sure to not burn yourself or the table. Dip your bread pieces into the yolk and enjoy!
Have you had a shakshuka before? I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make and how versatile they are. You can add any veggies you want here and use whatever cheese you have on hand. Use a large cast iron skillet to double the recipe or two 6” skillets like I did. I’m ready for seconds!