This egg white quiche with a yukon potato crust was almost too pretty to eat… almost. 😉🥔🍳
I can proudly say that my first attempt at a quiche was a success! I’ve always been intimidated by making crusts, that’s why you’ve yet to see a pie of any sort here (even though I’ve been wanting to make a pot pie 😬). To avoid traditional crust I used thinly sliced yukon potatoes. After baking the potatoes were crisp to perfection! This quiche is filled with veggies, @chinovalleyranchers egg whites, almond cream cheese, and uncured turkey bacon. 👩🏻🍳✨🥘
- 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut into thin slices
- 2 slices uncured turkey bacon, diced into bite size pieces
- 2 cups raw broccoli
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup raw yellow onion
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup Ripple unsweetened original (or another type of milk)
- 2 tablespoons almond cream cheese (or regular cream cheese if not dairy free)
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- ground pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add thin potato slices all around the base and sides. Spray the potatoes with additional cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the potato crust is baking, cook the turkey bacon, and transfer to a separate plate. Sauté the onions, broccoli, and cucumber in the same pan. Once the onions are golden brown, add spinach and cook until wilted. Mix in almond cream cheese, cooked/diced turkey bacon, and combine completely.
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg whites, spices, and Ripple. Add veggie mixture over the potato crust, spreading evenly throughout the pan. Then add egg mixture over the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top become golden brown.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 6-8 slices. Top with hot sauce and enjoy!
Hope you all have a lovely Thursday! I’m currently bundled up in a blanket with Aero because it’s finally cold here in LA. Cheers~😅❄️☕️