Breakfast salad, would you try it?
I have yet to jump on the breakfast salad train. Something about leafy greens that haven’t been sautéed doesn’t sound appealing to me before noon. Instead, I make breakfast salads for Joel, he loves them, and I stick to my sautéed veggies covered in chipotle cashew cheese sauce.
Breakfast deets- For me: Sautéedd brussels, sweet potato, carrots, and kale in avocado oil, one fried egg, one egg white, Everything But The Bagel “EBTB” seasoning, and chipotle cashew cheese sauce.
For Joel: Spring mix lettuce, diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, two fried eggs, EBTB seasoning. Side paleo mini bagels (recipe on my Instagram feed) with vegan cream cheese and grapefruit.
Chipotle cashew cheese sauce:
- 1 cup of raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 chipotle pepper from a can of chipotles in adobo
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Put the cashews in a bowl and cover completely with steaming hot water. Let the cashews soak for at least an hour. Pour out liquid.
- Put the cashews in a food processor along with 1/2 cup of fresh water and the ingredients listed above. Blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate up to five days.