Honey Sriracha Chicken over cumin Cauliflower Rice
If there’s one thing my husbands loves almost as much as me, its Sriracha.
Sriracha on EVERYTHING. There’s very few times when after I photograph a savory meal that he doesn’t add sriracha. It’s like me with nut butters, we just believe it makes food taste even better. 🙂
Me on the other hand, I don’t love sriracha. I like it, but that can’t be the main flavor.
Pairing honey and lemon juice with sriracha, now that I can handle.
Ingredients: Serves 2
For the chicken-
- 8 oz. chicken breast, cut into bite size cubes
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ½ cup sriracha
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- fresh cilantro for garnishing
For the cauliflower rice-
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano (optional)
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and add chopped onion and cook 2-3 minutes. Add cubed chicken and cook, stirring a few times with a wooden spoon or tongs. Season with pepper.
- Stir together honey, sriracha and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add sauce to the pan and cook for about 8 more minutes. Chicken should be cooked through and sauce will slightly thicken.
- In a separate pan, sprayed with cooking spray, cook cauliflower rice over medium heat until desired texture. Mix in spices while cooking.
- Plate cauliflower rice, top with cooked Honey Sriracha Chicken and fresh cilantro.
Husband’s pro tip: ADD MORE SRIRACHA… 😉