I don’t share savory meals often but when I do they’re usually pretty simple. Simple to make but not simple in taste!
Keeks from @keeksitsimple had me drooling over her OG ham & swiss baked Hawaiian rolls when I made them a month ago and this time I made a few minor changes. You can really stuff these bad boys with anything and it’ll be a bomb sandwich! The leftovers are great too, just broil for 3-5 minutes to crispy them back up after refrigerating.
Baked Ham & Caprese Hawaiian Sweet Rolls:
- 1 packet Hawaiian sweet rolls (I get the ones from #TraderJoes)
- 1 & 1/2 packets of organic uncured ham deli meat
- 1/2 log of fresh mozzarella cheese
- One slices heirloom tomato
- Handful of diced fresh basil
- Balsamic glaze
Topping for buns:
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp poppyseeds or chia seeds
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a small baking sheet with tinfoil or a reusable baking mat. Set aside.
- Slice the Hawaiian sweet rolls in half without pulling them apart individually. Combine the topping ingredients in a small bowl and brush a little inside the rolls. Place the filling inside the rolls: ham, sliced tomato, fresh basil, drizzle of balsamic glaze, and mozzarella cheese.
- Place the top of the rolls on top and brush the melted butter mixture over the top of the rolls.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the tops are nice and crispy.
- Let cool for a few minutes before slicing between the rolls to serve. ENOY!