Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup
Started the day at Orange Theory fitness and ending with this Carrot and Sweet Potato soup. Maybe orange is my color after all. 😉
Also, using a crockpot makes me feel so adult… Never in my life had I dreamt about putting food into a cooker and so many hours later the food being ready to eat. Now I want everything and everything crockpot approved. #adulting
Ingredients: (Serves 5, Calories 98 per 1 cup, Carbs 19g, Protein 4g, Fat 1g)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, and chopped
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup The New Barn unsweetened almond milk
- Place all ingredients, excluding almond milk, into a crockpot and cook for 6 hours.
- Once done cooking, add almond milk and blend with an immersion blender.
- Top with ricotta cheese (almond ricotta VERY recommended.)