Meet me on the patio for some peachy, raspberry, probiotic filled cake.
If you’re new around here then you must know that my one and only resolution this year was to bake more often. I’ve always loved being in the kitchen but following a baking recipe felt like listening to a long lecture in school. Snooze, snore, get me outta there! I tried baking so many times and decided to just stick to things that didn’t require baking soda/powder (because I honestly couldn’t tell you the difference). But this was my year to change that! Six months into 2019 and I’m feeling pretty good about #whatrobinbakes.
In a lot of my baked goods you’ll see Lifeway Kefir products. Their kefir is a great substitute for milk and their kefir cups are perfect as a substitute for greek yogurt. In this peachy cake above I used Lifeway Organic Natural Kefir Cup and I’m so glad I did! Click the link in my bio or swipe up in my stories for the recipe. Your patio table needs this cute cake sitting on top!
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 tablespoons Lifeway Organic Natural Kefir Cup
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 peache, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup rasberries
- Mixed seeds (chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds) *optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Line an 8-inch circular cake pan, or square pan, with parchment paper.
- Beat the kefir cup, butter, and coconut sugar together until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla, beat until eggs are well mixed.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix until combined, don’t over mix! Transfer batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Arrange the peach slices how you’d like on top of the batter. Arrange the raspberries over the top of the cake and sprinkle with seed mixture.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on your oven. Springy to touch and golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool slight before serving!
How do you feel about baking? Have any tips that I should know about? Have you tried baking with Lifeway Kefir? Cheers!