There’s nothing that makes me feel more basic than being excited Pumpkin Spice season.
I’m not going to say that I indulge in the PSL from Starbucks craze, but I do get a little carried away with the pumpkin spiced treats. TIS THE SEASON OK. 😛
What better way to start pumpkin spice season than a bowl of Pumpkin Porridge topped with Siggis drinkable yogurt, peanut butter maple syrup drizzle, and mixed nuts? I don’t think there is a better way.
Ingredients: (Serves 1: Calories 276, Carbs 39g, Protein 15g, Fat 8g)
To make two servings like I did, double the recipe below.
- 1/2 Cup Multigrain Hot Cereal from Trader Joes
- 1 Cup water
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pure (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla protein powder (optional, this is used as my sweetener. Can use Truvia or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tablespoon flax seed and chia seed peanut butter (Trader Joes)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (I used Walden Farms)
- 2 tablespoons Siggis drinkable plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons raw mixed nuts
- In a medium size pot combine hot cereal, water, pumpkin pure, and spices. Places heat on high until water starts to boil. Turn to simmer and store every few minutes making sure the porridge does not overflow!
- While porridge is cooking, heat peanut butter in a small microwavable ramekin for 15-20 seconds. Stir in maple syrup and set aside (you can add a few drops of water to change the consistency)
- Once porridge is almost cooked (about 7-9 minutes), add in protein powder, or sweetener of choice, stir, and cook for a few more minutes.
- Dish out porridge in a bowl and decorate with drinkable yogurt, peanut butter syrup, and mixed nuts!
Now go wild with your basic Pumpkin Spice crazed self. 🙂