Keeping the cauli-oat train moving with my pumpkin cauli-oat bake! 70% of you said you haven’t tried my cauli-oat bakes yet and I’m wondering if y’all are scared of a little cauliflower. Trust me, you can’t taste it at all. It’s masked behind the oats, Chino Valley Ranchers pasturer raised eggs, and in this bake, the pumpkin purée, spices, and maple syrup. These bakes are perfect for meal prep, serves 4, and the whole family loves it. I was weirded out by the thought of cauliflower in my oats for years and reframed from jumping on this trend until earlier this year. My life was forever changed since then and I gladly eat vegetables for breakfast.
- 1 & 1/2 cups gf oats
- 1 cup riced cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups nut milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of pink salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 banana for the top of the bake
- Almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 8×8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Whisk or blend together eggs, nut milk, pumpkin, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Mix dry ingredients (except the banana) together and combine with wet. Let this mixture soak for 30 minutes before baking for maximum flavor! You may skip to soaking if you’re in a hurry.
- Pour mixture into prepped baking dish, slice the 1/2 banana on top, and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before slicing and store in the fridge to eat the next few days!