This is what Friday eve should always look like.
Have you made crepes before? I’m going to assume most of you will say no, or at least not successfully. I’ve figured out a fool proof way to step up your crepe game and make you a crepe master! You can find my “how to crepe” videos here from back when we lived in LA featuring chef Aero and my pregnant belly.
- 1 tsp Aiya matcha culinary grade
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup quick pancake mix
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tso cinnamon
- 1 tso vanilla extract
- Strawberry coconut butter or strawberry coconut yogurt
- Banana slices
- Strawberry slices
- Chai cashew nut butter syrup drizzle (1 tbsp melted chai cashew butter + 1/4 cup maple syrup)
Directions (watch my “how to” here):
- Whisk crepe ingredients together in a medium size bowl, let sit for five minutes.
- Heat a medium size pan on medium heat.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring spoon to scoop crepe batter onto sprayed pan (spray pan before each crepe! Very important), pick up pan and swirl batter around to spread it across the entire pan. Let cook on one side until the edges start to peel away from the pan (3-5 minutes). Flip the crepe and flatten with the back of a spatula. Let cook a few more minutes.
- Remove the cooked crepe from the pan, place on a large plate, and cover with a lid to keep warm (this will help the crepes from cracking when you’re assembling later). Repeat instructions above until the batter is gone. It should make eight crepes total and don’t forget to spray the pan between each crepe!
- Once crepes have finished cooking, fill each crepe with 2 tbsps coconut butter or yogurt, roll, and plate. Top with goodies and enjoy!
Do you like matcha? I’m an afternoon matcha kinda gal so having these crepes for breakfast along side my coffee was such a treat!