I’m so torn. 😫🍓 I thought my cashew butter cacao mug cake was the best thing I’ve ever made… but then I made this vanilla grain free cake. It’s moist (not mad about this word) and topped with a peanut butter chai frosting, my strawberry chia seed jam, and Driscoll’s strawberries. Don’t knock the combo until you try it.
Vanilla Grain Free Cake:
* 2 + 1/2 cups almond flour
* 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
* 1/2 cup maple syrup
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
* 2 eggs
* 1 + 1/4 cup powder peanut butter
* 2 scoops vanilla chai lactation booster (may omit and add 2 more tbsps powder peanut butter)
* 2 tbsp manuka honey
* 1/2 cup nut milk (may need more depending on desired consistency)
* Strawberry chia seed jam (made with fresh Driscoll’s strawberries, recipe below)
* Chopped Driscoll’s strawberries (would taste great with blackberries too, Driscoll’s berry of the month)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare your 8-inch pan by cutting a circular round of parchment paper to fit the base of your pan. Spray the pan with nonstick spray and place circular parchment round inside the cake pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla until well incorporated. Add almond flour, himalayan pink salt, and baking soda. Mix until batter is formed, then pour into prepared pan.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, completely before frosting.
- Prepare the frosting while the cake is baking. Combine all frosting ingredients in a medium size bowl (you may need to add more nut milk depending on your desired consistency). Frost cooled cake, top with chia seed jam, and fresh strawberries. Enjoy!
Peanut butter, chai, and strawberries: thoughts?