A little blackberry prosciutto pita pizza for your Wednesday evening eye candy. When I think of “good mood food” I think of this sweet and salty pita pizza I made a few weeks ago. This pizza also reminds me a lot of mine and Joel’s tastebuds: blackberries and ricotta cheese for me and fresh basil, red chili flakes, and prosciutto for Joel.
* One 12 inch pizza crust of choice (VG, GF, Homemade) or two round pitas.
* 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 4 prosciutto slices
* 1/2 cup fresh organic blackberries, smashed
* 1 cup parmesan, shredded
* 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
* 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
* 1/2 cup organic blackberries, whole
* 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
* 2-3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 450° F.
- Place pizza crust, or both pitas, on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the top of the pizza crust or both pitas (1/2 tbsp each).
- Use a fork to mash a half cup of blackberries in a bowl. Use the fork to ladle the pulp onto the pizza. Spread it around like you would pizza sauce and make sure you have mostly pulp and not a lot of the blackberry juice.
- Top the smashed berries with 1 cup parmesan and 1 cup mozzarella.
- Use a spoon to dollop the ricotta over the pizza.
- Top with fresh blackberries and sea salt.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 mins, or till the crust has began to brown and cheese melted. Broil for a minute to get the pizza a little crispy.
- Remove from the oven, top with prosciutto, and sprinkle the chopped basil on top. Slice and enjoy!
You can sub any berry for blackberries and I bet it’d be amazing! I’m going to try this with raspberries next. What’s your favorite berry?