You gals, I was SO bummed when I pulled these cookies out of the oven. I’ve failed at cookies over 50 times so seeing these as flat as they were made me feel defeated yet again. 🥺😫 Instead of tossing right away I decided to let them cool so I could at least have a bite. First bite sent my tastebuds straight to a bakery. #whatrobinbakes lives on!
Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies (Recipe adapted from @themindfulhapa’s PB Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies):
- 1 cup cinnamon snickerdoodle cashew almond butter
- 1 egg, Chino Valley Ranchers soy free, organic, & free range
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup rolled GF oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Half a chocolate bar of choice
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (optional)
- Pink himalayan sea salt flakes to top
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using a hand mixer, mix together cinnamon snickerdoodle cashew almond butter, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and collagen peptides. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, mix again.
- Stir in the remaining dry ingredients: rolled oats, baking soda, sea salt (not the flakes!), and chopped dark chocolate bar.
- Use an ice cream scoop to form equal size balls, place on cookie sheet, and slightly press down so they are flat.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until cookies have started to brown.
PS: I took this photo myself using a tripod. I held one of the legs between my teeth and the other two were resting on my belly. That was a sight to see for sure. 😂👋🏻 #doitforthegram