About a month ago my mother-in-law invited us over to pick apricots and I basically ran right over after her text. I simply LOVE apricots and I feel like I can never get enough. They are one of my top five favorite fruits! The other fruit in the bunch are bananas, blueberries, peaches, and watermelon. I could live the rest of my life without any other fruit than these five!
Mini Cast Iron Apricot Crisp (double the recipe to make one regular size skillet)-
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 cups apricots, pitted and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a medium sized bowl combine the oats, almond meal, brown sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt. Pour in the melted coconut oil and use your hands to combine everything until crumbles form.
- In a medium bowl combine the filling ingredients and stir together until you can no longer see the cornstarch. Pour the filling into a mini cast iron skillet. Spread the topping evenly over the apricots and place it on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve topped with caramel vanilla ice cream or simple vanilla. Don’t skip this step!
Have you made a crisp before? This was my second time making one and I already cannot wait to make it again!