Bunny wanted to eat all our carrot banana bread but Poppy stopped her. Feeling out of breath with all the baking, laundry, and outside adventures I had this morning with my Poppy girl. God bless nap time, am I right?
Carrot Banana Bread:
- 1 cup mashed super ripe banana, 2 medium size bananas
- 1 cup shredded organic carrots
- 1/2 cup whole milk organic greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/4 cup gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour (I have not tried any other flour)
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup probiotic cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (optional but I love the added flavor and protein!)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a bread pan with non stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add the bananas, egg, vanilla extract, maple syrup, greek yogurt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until smooth. Add in shredded carrots and mix until smooth.
- Add oats, flour, and baking soda. Mix until smooth. Mix in raisins with a silicon spatula.
- Pour batter into prepped bread pan and bake for 50-60 minutes. My oven usually takes 5-15 minutes longer for any baked recipe I make. I have an oven thermometer and it says it’s the right temperature. That being said, check the bread at 45 if your oven cooks quicker and go from there. Check with a toothpick!
- Once the bread is bake, let it cool in the bread pan for one hour before cooling on a wire rack.
- Make the frosting in a mixer or with a hand mixer. Mix until smooth and frost the bread once it’s completely cooled.
- Once frosted, add some shredded carrots on top if you’d like and refrigerate for one hour before slicing. This helps harden the frosting and slicing colder bread is a lot easier than slicing when the bread is still warm in the middle. Refrigerate for up to 5 days in an air tight container!