Poppy is getting so close to being able to enjoy fun food like this. She can admire the face on the snowman and see that it is more than just a regular stack of pancakes. But then there are small things like chocolate candies and dark chocolate chips that she will 500% choke on. So for now these little guys are for Joel and I while Poppy gets the button and faceless snowman. She honestly didn’t even notice because she was so obsessed with the coconut on the pancakes as “snow”.
I saw Ambitious Kitchen make pancake snowman like this and I knew I had to recreate! I used my gluten free gingerbread pancake recipe but you can use any pancake recipe you’d like.
Gluten Free Gingerbread Pancakes:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1-2 teaspoon cinnamon (I really like cinnamon)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or my new favorite monkfruit sweetener from Lakanto)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1+1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 eggs (I haven’t tried this with flax egg but maybe it would work?!)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Chocolate colored candies for the buttons
- Dark chocolate chips for eyes and smile (I used Lakanto)
- Broken piece of pretzel slim for the nose
- Coconut shreds for the snow
- Maple syrup for topping
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl, set aside.
- Mix together wet ingredients and gently mix into dry ingredients.
- Make pancakes in two different sizes. I used a 1/4 cup measuring spoon for the body and 2 tbsps of batter for the head. Plate, top, drizzle with maple syrup, and enjoy!
I paired our snowman pancakes with my peppermint mocha cold brew!