When life (aka Honest) gives you lemons, you make all the lemon things.
Need a quick dessert for tomorrows Easter celebration that’s not chocolate covered peanut and almond butter eggs? MAKE THESE COOKIES. They were so simple and absolutely delicious. The recipe is adapted from HungryHaley’s Lemon Chia Seed Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches. Haley absolutely slays in the kitchen and she’s major baking inspo.
Lemon Poppyseed Oatmeal Stuffed Cookies-
For the cookies:
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup rolled gf oats
- 1 tbsp poppyseeds
- 2 tbsp cup chopped dark chocolate covered almonds
- 1 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp manuka honey
- 2-3 tbsp juice and zest from 1 lemon
For the frosting:
- 1/4 cup Lifeway Kefir farmer cheese
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- 2 tbsp powdered peanut butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp manuka honey
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, set aside.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a medium size bowl then pour the wet into the dry and stir until combined. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop tablespoon-size portions of the dough, roll into balls, and lightly flatted. Should make about 16 cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Prepare the peanut butter filling using an immersion blender and blend until fluffy.
- Stuff cookies once they are completely cooled! #whatrobinbakes
Fun fact: five years ago today Joel asked me to be his girlfriend and four years ago today we got engaged! Oh how quickly time flies.