Eating cake for breakfast can be something to be proud of. 🤤🙏🏻🍰
Chocolate cake at 6am has been one of my best decisions in life. Made with @kodiakcakes, @drinkkoia cacao bean plant protein drink, cacao powder, dark chocolate cocoa powder, bananas, and egg whites. Basically pancakes. 🤓🥞🍫
Dark Chocolate – Anytime of the Day- Cake:
* 1/2 cup @ripplefoods unsweetened original
* 2/3 cup greek yogurt (can sub oil)
* 2 cups @kodiakcakes dark chocolate pancake mix
* 1/4 cup cocoa powder
* 1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
* 1 1/2 cups @drinkkoia cacao bean plant protein drink
* 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
* 3 egg whites (can sub applesauce, I was out!)
* 1/2 mashed banana
Almond Cream Cheese Frosting-
* 8oz. room temperature almond cream cheese (or regular)
* 3 tablespoons @ripplefoods unsweetened original
* 2 tablespoons honey
Peanut butter filling-
* 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
* 2 tablespoons @kodiakcakes buttermilk pancake mix
* 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
* 2 tablespoons honey 👩🏻🍳🙌🏻
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray one 9-inch round cake pans and set aside.
- Mix Cacao Bean Koia plant protein drink and apple cider vinegar in a large mixing bowl, let sit for a few minutes. Then add greek yogurt (or oil), egg whites (or applesauce), mashed banana, and Ripple Foods milk and beat until frothy.
- With a hand mixer, mix in the Kodiak Cakes, cocoa powder, and dark cocoa powder.
- Pour batter into sprayed pan and bake for 35-40 minutes
- Prepare the almond cream cheese frosting in a medium size bowl by combining all the ingredients using a hand mixer. You may need to microwave the cream cheese for 10-15 seconds depending on consistency. Set aside.
- Prepare the peanut butter filling by warming the peanut butter in a small microwave safe bowl, about 15-30 seconds. Mix all the ingredients together using a hand mixture. You may need to add more liquid depending on the desired consistency. Set aside.
- Once the cake is finished baking and cooled completely. Cut the cake into two equal parts (top and bottom), coat the bottom slice with the peanut butter filling, place the top on the cake onto, and frost. Top with crushed dark chocolate chunks for an extra chocolatey kick. Enjoy! 🍫