Toasted coconut french toast topped/stuffed with strawberry chia seed jam cream cheese.
Toast Tuesday with a French twist. 🙂
I absolutely LOVE french toast.
There was a time in my life when I ate french toast Every morning for two years… That is no joke. It was the same french toast stuffed with greek yogurt, sunflower seed butter, and banana slices, topped with sugar free maple syrup.
Even though that combo is insanely delicious, I was stuck in a french toast rut.
French Toast rut no more! Well, since the beginning of 2016.
TRY THIS NOW.
Serves 1 (2 pieces of toast, 314 Cal, 10g Fat, 41g Carbs, 16g Protein)
- 2 pieces low sodium Ezekiel bread.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar free maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Kroger Co. greek yogurt cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons homemade strawberry chia seed jam
- Heat skillet on medium heat, spray with cooking spray.
- Whisk together egg white, coconut milk, cinnamon, & vanilla extract. Dip each bread slice into mixture, making sure the piece is completely covered.
- Place coconut flakes in a shallow bowl, dip one side of soaked bread pieces into the coconut flakes. Pressing down firmly making sure the coconut flakes stick.
- Cook on skillet until toasty.
- Place greek yogurt cream cheese in a microwave safe dish and heat for 10 seconds. Combine cream cheese with chia seed jam.
- Plate french toast, top wth chia seed jam cream cheese mixture and sugar free syrup.