Sweet Potato & Chickpea Stew
Even on a warm afternoon like it was today in Los Angeles, this stew hit the spot!
The spices and veggies in the dish came together so nicely. The best part is that this was all made in a slow cooker, can you say Easy?!
If you need me, I’ll be over here pretending it’s fall.
Ingredients: Serves 5 (1/2 cup serving size, Calories 161, Fat 0.8, Carbs 32, Protein 7)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups spinach
- Places all ingredients in crock pot and stir until combined.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, Add chopped spinach and cook for 5 more minutes, until spinach is wilted. Serve and enjoy!
Pro tip: Adding shredded chicken to the top of this when serving is an easy way to add protein to this meal. Try it, you’ll like it. 😉